Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 05-01-16, 10:02 PM

SkyMac is on a distinguished road
Talking Interior Plastic Replacement

Hi Everyone

Refer : Purchase and installation of a completely new plastic interior.

During the restoration of my 74G (non pressurised) model I have been working with Plane Plastics to achieve parts closer to OEM fitment.

In particular the lower section of the airstair door (we did this some time ago), pilot side window (K1515063-1) and side panel trims (K1515026-3&4). In the next few weeks I should receive the last of new plastic made with the latest changes.

For those who have the G model (Non P) and are in need of new plastic, I would recommend you give Katie a call at Plane Plastics. They have made many modifications to 337G moulds to accommodate these adjustments based on originals I have sent to them. There has been considerable cost on both sides to get these right, please take advantage of our efforts if your wanting to replace plastics in your "G" model (Non P).

Finding used decent plastics is not easy and in many cases it is brittle and will not survive refitting into another aircraft without cracking and they can be expensive, I know.

Finally don't forget to give Don a call at Commodore as he has a few new overhead console sections available.

Contact details
Katie Williams
Plane Plastics
(866)307-5263

Regards
Dave

PS: Just continuing to share the positive on suppliers when it comes to keeping our machines at their best.
Unread 05-03-16, 09:10 AM
Owner 337H N337DC

Dale Campbell is an unknown quantity at this point
Interior Parts

I had my whole interior including plastic trim done in 2000. They covered the plastic in vinyl to match the rest of the interior and it came out beautiful. All work was done by O&N in Factoryville Pa. They are the same people that convert the 210 Cessna to the Silver Eagle Gas Turbo if you have the money. Dale
Unread 05-03-16, 09:28 AM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Dave
Thanks for the action on this component. It's this kind of work that everyone can benefit from. Many thanks from SOAPA members.

Dale
I know your process and yes, it will make a cheap Cessna look like a Beechcraft. Any detailed photos of the results would be appreciated.

For those that are on a budget but need to update the Royalite, it is amazing what the new paints can do for plastic trim. When I did my restoration 7 years ago we had planned to wrap all the trim as Dale described above. Unfortunately the material we chose was not working as easily as my interior pro had experienced in the past and the Cessna trim has more curves in the trim than Beech and Piper. So my pro said lets paint the trim. I was very sceptcle but trusted his judgement. It came out fantastic. We only had to buy one piece as all the rest of the original trim was repaired and re-used. I ended up saving about $2000 over wrapping all the trim. Just another way of making our planes better.

There are lots of photos here http://www.337skymaster.com/messages...hlight=Re-furb

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years
Unread 10-16-16, 01:57 PM

kilr4d is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMac View Post
In particular the lower section of the airstair door (we did this some time ago), pilot side window (K1515063-1) and side panel trims (K1515026-3&4). In the next few weeks I should receive the last of new plastic made with the latest changes.

For those who have the G model (Non P) and are in need of new plastic, I would recommend you give Katie a call at Plane Plastics. They have made many modifications to 337G moulds to accommodate these adjustments based on originals I have sent to them. There has been considerable cost on both sides to get these right, please take advantage of our efforts if your wanting to replace plastics in your "G" model (Non P)...
Dave, do you have any before/after pictures?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Campbell View Post
...They covered the plastic in vinyl to match the rest of the interior and it came out beautiful....
Dale, same question; do you have any pictures?

Thanks,

John
Unread 10-16-16, 04:10 PM

Hi John

I will post some before and after when I get back to Aus, unfortunately that won't be until a couple of days before Christmas.

The headliner has been the biggest challenge, I had almost finished designing then building a new 6 section liner when time to head O/S again.

Dave
Unread 10-16-16, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I will post some before and after when I get back to Aus, unfortunately that won't be until a couple of days before Christmas.
Got it. Thank you.
Unread 03-23-17, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Hi John

The headliner has been the biggest challenge, I had almost finished designing then building a new 6 section liner when time to head O/S again.

Dave
*bump*

CNC3
Unread 03-23-17, 04:56 PM

Hi Everyone

Thanks for asking, It took most of January to get the old girl back together and rigged before starting engine runs, then I had to head O/S again. So all that is left is fitting the new interior, I just need to be home to do it.

Dave