Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 09-15-02, 10:04 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
337G Prop Governor Overhaul

My normally aspirated 1973 337G needs the prop governors overhauled. I've been getting conflicting info and would appreciate whatever help you can offer.

My units are McCauley CFS310D1A/T1. One shop in Ohio is telling me they can't OH this model, it's obsolete, so it'll cost like $1,200 each for newer OHC units which they claim replace mine. Another shop in Seattle says "nonsense, they're not obsolete, we'll overhaul them", and claim that, unless there are serious problems internally (which there shouldn't be because they're operating OK), it'll cost about $400 each.

BTW, I'm overhauling because it's been 11 years and 1200 hours since last overhaul and one of them drifts a little until things get warm (during the first 5-10 minutes of flight the RPMs get slightly out of sync between the engines, then they get back in sync, then they drift apart a little and come back, etc.).

Any thoughts on the units, on shops (good ones and bad ones), on prices, or any other related topic would be greatly appreciated.

Ernie