Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Parts For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-27-22, 02:48 PM

chrisb is on a distinguished road
P337H McCAULEY Props (Freshly Overhauled)

For Sale:
Freshly overhauled McCauley propellors for a P337H Skymaster. All AD's complied with and come with a form 1 release certificate. The front prop is hot. Essentially brand new propellors
Total Hours (both props) 788.1
TTSOH: 0 Hours
OH Date: 09/06/2020
Overhauled by General Aero Services @ Thurrock, United Kingdom.
Looking for $15,500 for the pair and will be crated for transport included in the price + any associated shipping, duty and taxes in your location. For UK sales VAT will need to be added (vat invoice can be provided) Propellors are in dry storage and were only unwrapped for photo's.
Located at Oxford Kidlington Airport, United Kingdom.
Will ship World Wide.

will entertain all offers

Pictures of the props, release certificates and logbook entries can be found here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QjTi1ZAEF5n86qE59

Enquiries to:
Chris Bradbury
chris@digitakumi.com

Last edited by chrisb : 03-21-23 at 03:08 PM.
Unread 03-21-23, 03:08 PM

Willing to entertain any and all offers on these props
Also have a set of brand spanking new 3x blades MT's fresh in crates. Front is hot.

There is currently a 12 month wait on these.
Unread 03-22-23, 07:33 AM

ngb1066 is on a distinguished road
Have you given up your restoration project?
Unread 03-22-23, 10:14 AM

Absolutely not :-)
It's still progressing - it's just the timelines are all asquew. Multiple issues have slowed us down - primerily the availabily of parts to allow us to IRAN the engines and the over-run of my Yak 52 which has been blocking the workstream ahead of the P337 :-)

The Yak 52 is now essentially finished so we're approaching a timeframe where we can really press on with the 337.

We're overhauled the 2 blade props as a backstop and then ordered up some brand new MT's (which took 14 months from time of order to arrive) We're offering up the MT's as they cost over $30,000 and if some other member could benefit from them in the short term (we'll just place another order) then we're happy to help.
Unread 03-22-23, 02:05 PM

Thank you for the update Chris. I have been following this project with interest and saw that there had not been recent updates on your photo gallery so I feared you had discontinued. It is good to hear you are still working on it. It will be an impressive aircraft when you have finished. As a matter of interest have you decided on an autopilot yet? Also will you be fitting electronic ignition? The dual system from Electroair is now approved and you could eliminate both mags with apparent performance improvements.
Unread 03-22-23, 02:42 PM

Electronic ignition is definitely part of the plan!
With regards to the autopilot, it's largely dependent on where we are with the whole avionics setup by the time we get there. Also where I end up finally registering the aircraft. There is a lot t legacy wiring and avionics to remove from the aircraft. I can't wait to get started on that part of the project but right now I'm holding off to get the base essentials fixed.

We're about to dismount the rear engine and then get both the engines sent off for IRAN. We'll then be able to do the top coat of paint on the body and get the wings into the booth.
Unread 03-23-23, 01:21 PM

Good luck with the project going forward. It is interesting to hear that you are considering where to register the aircraft. I looked into this six years ago when I was considering buying N80N, a well equipped Riley conversion, in the UK. Putting it onto G reg was difficult because of the STCs used in the conversion. I cannot recall now which were a stumbling block but I think the intercoolers and air conditioning were an issue. There was also the problem of calendar limitations on engines and props. The only other option I looked at was Guernsey 2 reg, which allowed all FAA STCs and the more flexible FAA maintenance regime, but also allowed the aircraft to be flown on either FAA or EASA licences. I think this route has become a bit more complex recently but it may still be an option. I will be interested to hear what you decide in the end.

Last edited by ngb1066 : 03-23-23 at 01:55 PM.
Unread 03-23-23, 01:39 PM

Yeah she's currently on the N-Reg and putting it onto the G would be a huge pain in the ass as you've got to go back throuygh the logbooks and apply for each modification to be approved with the US STC certificate as a justification. Then (and only then) can you do the required maintenance to sign it off. 2-Reg is a good option that i've looked at however only realy viable once it's an airworthy annualed aircraft.

The UK isn't super hospitable to N-Reg aircraft and I can understand why they have a problem with based aircraft flying under a foreign reg and maintenance schedule operating in the UK. Especially given the flexibility of Part 91. However the CAA don't help themselves by making it so restrictive to move the aircraft over.
Unread 06-21-23, 11:31 PM

nick is an unknown quantity at this point
Mtk prop

Any interest in a trade I have also two 2 bladed freshly overhauled with two hours on them, front is heated

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: