Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 12-20-08, 11:23 AM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Cessna's Free Seat-Stop Installation -- Any Downside

Has anyone had this service from Cessna, where they install a seat-stop device? I'd like to know if there is any downside. Does it render seat locking much harder, limit travel, anything negative? I confirmed with my local Cessna dealer that it's free on the pilot's side and at your cost for the copilot's side, if you want it. And they told me I have until May 2009, not December 31.

Ernie
Unread 12-20-08, 01:33 PM

JeffAxel is an unknown quantity at this point
Ernie,
I did this, no downside I can see, except you have an extra bolt to take out when removing the seats. The seats won't slide back unless you pull the release lever all the way up to release the inertia reels, otherwise no difference in day to day use. Just my .02, but I would do it again.
Unread 12-20-08, 02:11 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
I have them but not from Cessna. I bought mine from Spruce and had my A&P install. I don't see any negatives, they work great.

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years
Unread 12-21-08, 03:19 PM

billsheila is an unknown quantity at this point
How to do it?

I ordered one of these kits (just for the pilot's side), intending to have it installed at annual time. They went to install this year and found that the drawing was wrong. They called Cessna and couldn't get to the bottom of it before annual was done so this project awaits a proper drawing. If any of you have the correct drawing for the pilot's side and can scan or copy it for me, I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks
Bill
Unread 12-21-08, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Bill, but it's a free service from Cessna. Were you planning on paying your mechanic to have it installed?

Ernie
Unread 12-21-08, 05:13 PM

billsheila is an unknown quantity at this point
Sort of free

Ernie;
I recall when the shop ordered the kit, the part was free, but there was some story on the labor credit where the work had to be done within a certain time period. I think that lapsed, but I am not 100% sure.

Bill
Unread 12-29-08, 07:20 PM

rmorris is an unknown quantity at this point
seat stop

I was at a Cessna service center in Albuquerqu earlier this week and they were going to put in the sea stop under warranty along with some other work. On Saturday when I was picking it up, they told me that the 337 forms for the seat stop were all for single engine Cessna planes, not the Skymaster. Are tehy mistaken, or is there a separate service bulletin that covers the warranty install for the Skymaster versus the signle engine models?
________
Mercedes Simplex

Last edited by rmorris : 03-12-11 at 11:59 AM.
Unread 12-29-08, 10:22 PM

JeffAxel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorris View Post
I was at a Cessna service center in Albuquerqu earlier this week and they were going to put in the sea stop under warranty along with some other work. On Saturday when I was picking it up, they told me that the 337 forms for the seat stop were all for single engine Cessna planes, not the Skymaster. Are tehy mistaken, or is there a separate service bulletin that covers the warranty install for the Skymaster versus the signle engine models?
read back through this thread to get the Service Bulletin and Service Kit numbers for the Skymaster......