Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 06-28-24, 05:02 PM

GregW is on a distinguished road
Shop for Annual

I am in Mid Missouri. I am having an incredibly hard time finding a shop that will do my maintenance and annual. For the last 3 years I have used a different location because every time I drop the airplane off for annual the shop keeps it for months on end stating not enough help. My plane is currently been at a shop for 6 months and they have just barely started the annual. I do all appropriate preventative maintenance. I just need a good reliable honest shop to do my maintenance and annual and not keep my airplane for months. Please help
Unread 06-28-24, 09:08 PM

GAdams is on a distinguished road
I can feel your pain. I've had my Skymaster 7 years and 3 different shops and I never can get the thing out of maintenance in a timely manner. Right now she went in April 1st and she is not out yet. Which seems to be about average for me. I call it maintenance jail. It's a fact of life we don't have enough maintenance technicians and it will only get worse. The shop I'm in now bitches and moans all the while working on the airplane. The support shops for the major componets are worst. I know this is no help but sometimes a little empathy in this harsh world goes a long way. I'm not familiar with your area so I can't help.