Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Parts Sources
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-28-24, 04:28 PM

cbxmike is on a distinguished road
A/C Belt

Herb, You were correct with “cessnaskymaster.com”. I was able to speak to Owen Bell who created the STC and he said that there were some minor differences between airframes utilizing this STC and that the only way to get the correct belt was to do what we were going to do anyway. That is, take a string and measure around the pulleys to get the correct length and then he can supply the correct belt. So, there no “one belt fits all” apparently with this mod.

I do have another part need for a nose gear steering boot to replace on my P model. PN: 1542050-1
They are not available anymore apparently like many Cessna parts. Any source or idea would be welcomed. There is the possibility of using a “similar” boot from another Cessna model that may work but I’d like to exhaust the search for the correct part first. Maybe even having a new one created using the old part through 3D printing possibly. Not sure of the legality of that but if it was fire proof and built with high strength silicone, not sure why it couldn’t be a possible solution for many looking for this and other similar parts. There’s YouTube videos of silicone 3D printing for boots similar to this one.

Mike