View Single Post
Unread 06-10-02, 10:09 AM

Mark Hislop is an unknown quantity at this point
jazzpilot:

I have the Horton STOL on my P337. From what I understand, it is about a third of the price of the Robertson mod. However, it does not come with any modification to the POH (I think the Robertson does) and it probably is not as effective as the Robertson (the Robertson connects the ailerons to the flaps, so probably has a much greater effect on short field performance).

All that being said, I like the Horton. It does have an positive effect on slow flight characteristics and takeoff/landing distance. My stall speed is about 6-8 mph less than book values. Cruise speed seems to be the same as book values. Slow flight is very stable and contollable. Stalls are difficult to achieve, but are very gentle and they recover fast.

The Horton was already on my aircraft, so I don't know exact prices. I think the kit was about $3500, and the installation was about the same. The kit consists of leading edge cuffs, VG's under the aft fuselage, and droop wing tips which add about 2 feet to the wing span.

I think Skyking has the Robertson mod. Perhaps he can tell you more about that.

Mark