View Single Post
Unread 10-18-02, 07:46 PM
George M. Amthor, Jr.

GMAs is on a distinguished road
Hmmmm..... 2002, 2003 schedule

Ernie... I think up about two or three we said that it appears that the meeting is going to be in central west, according to the votes... in May... as a date is not set as yet...

someone else came in and said that they wanted it at TC again... but, someone else said that they wondered why we took the time to vote if it was going to be held back on the east coast, TC, again...

Now to me TC is not what was voted on... thus the reason we had the poll in the first place...

Then someone said well lets have two meetings one for the eastern people and one for the western people...and that I would have to attend both...

Then the dates got all mixed up again.. and someone said May for TC or east coast and Fall for the west...

I am kinda still thinking about everything.. and emails start showing up... about places... put out a few things as to where it would be the most exciting time for all... thus LV came into its own.... with Drango being the second best place...

As far as I was asked... I have not... I read your thread about putting one on in Nashvill or again back east... and think it was a good jester but again the group said that they voted for someplace that everyone would be able to go to.. and not just in someones back yard... kinda thing...

As to attending both... I am sorry to say... I don't have that much time to be able to... so its going to have to be just one place... as I have to take time off to make it to the place as well as put togeather some sort of infomation presentation that would be fitting to the group... sure I could stand up their and wave my arms around.. and talk for an hour or so.. but, it left most in the dust so to speak at the last meeting... I had the understanding that they had equipment and facilities to hold the meeting at.. and was un-prepaired to what we found... I had info that I had brought which should have been copied for each person... but, without a copier... well.. and the presentation was on computer for the rest of the subject items... that took a couple of weekends to put togeather... but, because we didn't have a projector... it would have been a little hard to see on the lap tops screen... for all... I hoped that we did the best we could for the conditions that their were... and I think it did come off good but, it could have been better... and the group could have gone away with more info had it been better... I also would have liked to have held one session out at the plane... but, because it is not allowed in their country.. i.e removing screws... it again made it difficult to have show and tell...

Then their was the airlines and the homeland security of things... smile... we won't go into that... as it was a ugly sight... smile...

So to make the trip twice... is not going to happen at this time... as I can't be away from work that long... and attention has to be directed to other things in life...

I am sure that Bob has a great agnda... with the touring of the islands and all... down at TC but, their are others who want info... after all that is what they came for... while others want social... that is what they came for... and I frankly don't know much about either...

So I keep reading... and trying to help put something togeather... as others are saying its what we voted on or nothing... and I have written them saying that we had it last year on the east coast... why not this year have it on the west... but, it seems like the middle is a happy ground for all... kinda thing... so we are going with that...

Hope this answers your questions... as I feel privldged to be at any meeting as a speaker... for you guys and gals.. but, I won't be able to make two or three... their is just not enough time.. sorry... G.M. GMAs