View Single Post
Unread 06-26-20, 09:47 PM

GAdams is on a distinguished road
Hey That's me and my airplane

Actually it was. My Skymaster and I were hired to make the trip to Havana from Hollywood FL KHWO along with two others and work on the film. They used my airplane for all the close shots and it was the lead airplane in a lot of the scenes. Mine was the one that escaped and didn't get shot down. N4811X.
We were there for three nights and worked long days. Most of the cafe scenes in the movie were shot right there in the old terminal in Havana. The film crew were great. There were three different languages being spoken at the same time. English, Spanish of course and French. The production company was a French concern. Trying to shoot a scene with the language differences and the background noise of the departing jets was a challenge.
I was the body double to the star Edgar Ramirez for the flying scenes. They say I was the whitest guy on the set yet they picked me to do his flying. I'd post pictures but I've never figured out how to get them small enough to upload.
An interesting thing was the camera ship was Raul Castro's Airforce One, flown by a Two Star General. The same one in the film that approved the shoot down. They say that's the only helicopter on the island they could get flying. Cuba's Airforce is in pretty bad shape.
To All and you too Ernie enjoy the movie. It's amazing that the three of us Skymaster owners could assemble three nearly identical airplanes, which are 50 years old and keep them flying throughout the production. It's a tribute to the airplane's durability and to Ranko and David both fine mechanics and part of our airplane group. The trip to Havana and being in an airplane major film was one of those bucket list things I didn't know I had. A great experience.