View Single Post
Unread 08-25-02, 10:34 PM

kevin is on a distinguished road
My airplane seemed to be leaking in that area (P337), but it turned out to be the windshield.

Are you sure it is leaking in when you are pressurized? Could it be during climb or descent?

Try it the old fashioned way. Put some cloth or something else that is absorbent inside the avionics bay just under the panels. Put the panels back on. Pour water over the panels (small amount at first). Take panels off. Location of drips should show you where you need to work. If no drips, try more water, eventually spraying seams lightly. If still no drips, this whole process should show you a leak somewhere else, then you can work it.

If you get water on the avionics, obviously work very hard to dry them out before turning things on again.

When I got my airplane, it had been left out in the elements for six months (Oregon, it rains once in a while here). During prepurchase, we discovered it was a water bomber. There was about an inch of standing water in the belly. Drains were blocked. You probably should check this too.

You (and I) are not alone. The only other P337 here at Hillsboro has similar issues when he left his airplane tied down outside. Mine is hangared.

Kevin