Thread: Bahamas
View Single Post
Unread 11-09-15, 09:24 AM

SteveG is an unknown quantity at this point
My wife and I have found the island of Eleuthera to be the nicest all-around destination of the Bahamian islands. It's not a commercial resort island with hotels, gambling and shopping but on the other end of the scale it's not the most remote, sparsely populated either. Rather a compromise with three good, paved, airport-of-entry airports and locally owned service providers. It has more miles of beach than probably any other of the islands both on the Atlantic and Caribbean sides and all are spectacular. So for beach combing, sun bathing, bone fishing, sight seeing and star gazing it's hard to beat with spelunking thrown in for good measure. If one is looking for the arrive and never move resort experience Coco-di-Mama is on a very nice beach on the Caribbean side and literally next door to Governor's Harbour airport. We prefer to rent a house and car, bring most of our food and travel around to different beaches and sand flats each day. I could go on and on but .... If Riverview wants the resort route (with the fuel incentive which is, of course, built into the rate) I'd probably pass but if they considered renting one or more houses that sleep four, six or even eight and spending the week I could be interested. This is the far more economical option and to my thinking the more enjoyable.