View Single Post
Unread 03-23-20, 01:55 PM

JAG is on a distinguished road
Robinson V-8

Paul - that's too bad about Continental. Would be a great re-engine opportunity for the Skymaster airframe to move to a diesel.

There is a guy in Canada that put some Corvette engines in a Skymaster. Skyvette it is called. I believe it was Brian Robinson that did the conversion ( www.v8seabee.com ) using his gearboxes and stuff. They certainly are heavier - but not sure if under the amateur built category in Canada if he was able to increase the gross weight, or just take the payload penalty. I would take the payload penalty to have aircraft engines that I could buy parts for at the local Chevy dealership or O-Reilly's. Also would have a dual fuel aircraft...

I emailed Brian Robinson years ago about a Skymaster conversion, as at one time his website he had a few in work. I have not seen anything public about anyone doing this on a Skymaster - and maybe for a reason???

It looks to me the Aeromomentum engine is to tall for our front installation - Because of our nose landing gear retraction and structure, I am not confident we have the ability to install that in the front of our Skymasters.
Jeff