View Single Post
Unread 10-07-21, 11:09 PM

wslade2 is on a distinguished road
Interesting.

I emailed Uavionix yesterday.

Last year I had got caught in the lurch: before the AV-30C came to market I requested Skymaster 337 be included in AML list. It was. I had it installed. Then FAA had them take Skymaster 337 off the AML list which I only accidentally discovered months after install.

I have been in communication since. The responses have voiced hopes for moving forward with twin certification. They have also floated a software update to include blue line. I asked for an update yesterday and about my dilemma. I got a response this morning. No positive answer to any of these topics. But I also requested assistance with possible form 337 approval from FSDO.

To quote: "We thought that it [cessna 337] would be included, but the FAA changed the aircraft that are approved. We would like to add light twins to the AML but the FAA has not approved this yet....have attached a copy of a [form] 337 so that you can approach the FSDO to do a field approval."

They sent me real life sample form 337 which I hope I have successfully attached. Apparently there is a Seneca in PA flying around with one installed under form 337.

I hope sharing this that it might help. I am still trying to decide whether to keep the AV-30C in my plane, get a form 337 approval or capitulating and going with the Garmin product. In the meantime I have kept my original instruments.

If it worked there should be an attached PDF file.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Uavionix 30C form 337 twin.pdf (872.1 KB, 872 views)

Last edited by wslade2 : 10-07-21 at 11:11 PM.