View Single Post
Unread 10-26-19, 01:51 AM

wslade2 is on a distinguished road
Having some work done so I went and checked my aircraft, and surprised myself.

I have no drips. With mixture off and tank open, cracking fuel line between pump and flow control/throttle resulted in quite a trickle of fuel flow. Same when cracking line between throttle and flow divider. So good trickle is the norm there. Norm pressure appears to be low enough that flow divider IS the final cork in the system.

This makes me wonder if your fuel drip is from some other source than primary fuel supply as you have new flow divider.

You checked check valve. Try cracking line on engine side of check valve and see if leak there. (I would think if it was problem though you may have seen fuel flow while you were servicing valve before.)

But I would be very suspicious of the primer. Primer injects fuel directly into the manifold at the "U-bends" near prop end of engine. You will see two small stainless steel lines that tie into the "U-bends" one for left and other for right bank of cylinders. Try loosening the flare nut and disconnecting those and see if there is a drip from there with tank open.