View Single Post
Unread 10-28-20, 08:21 PM

edasmus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to edasmus
Try Tiffin Aire, Tiffin, OH. Ask for Mike Baird. I gave him my front prop from my 73 G model that was rejected from Aircraft Propeller Service earlier this year. I bought a new front prop but Tiffin Aire overhauled my front prop governor.

Mike emailed me shortly after I gave him the prop and in his judgement the blades were serviceable but the hub was no good. He has given me a credit which will be applied when my rear governor gets sent to him in the next couple of months for overhaul. My guess is I'll be buying a new rear prop soon but who knows.

Anyway, maybe he still has the blades and if a front hub could be located, (which I could not find) maybe you could get lucky.

I worked with "Propeller Man" in Florida (which was ironically a woman) for the new front prop. Service was excellent and they beat several other quotes by about $2000. If I need a new rear prop this coming January, they will be getting my business again.

Good Luck, I did not have much myself while searching but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try. Yes, periodically, a prop will show up on Barnstormers, but if it doesn't have a pedigree, it's a big risk as you have no clue what your buying until a prop shop gives it's blessing.