View Single Post
Unread 07-12-21, 06:54 PM

Timcote1960 is on a distinguished road
Money and 337s

Thanks Richard. Your empathy soothes the wounds.

The paint job was the easiest bill to swallow. $17.5K in Mena Arkansas, quite an adventure to get a plane there and back, yes. But nice wow factor, I'm sure she's worth that paint. The big bills are coming---new front engine, new rear cylinders, reworking all the gauges. Holes in the pressurization, turbo woes, snapped heating control cables. If I can escape with under another $70K for this year, it will feel good. But baby has got a pretty dress on....on boats they say a good coat of paint can hide a whole world of sin. Hope that works for planes too.

She does have two 650s, onboard radar, AC, STEC 65 AP, etc. But with three engine outs (admittedly, in the safest aircraft in which to have an engine out), 4 alternators, a couple vacuum pumps, an intercooler broken, two turbos and 70% on the ground time during the 3 years I've owned her, it's seems everything has broken except my will. I've handed her over to a very experienced 337 mechanic with a loose checkbook to make her reliable. But it will REALLY kill me if after all the above is done (October? November?) I still find myself driving 11hr days DC to New England (airlines won't take the dog). That's why the duplication...

I won't ever own three though!

Tim
Norm Asp 337G N122WB