View Single Post
Unread 07-12-21, 06:38 PM

rrolland is on a distinguished road
Interesting thread. And going into a lot of different directions and possibilities.

I was surprised by Tim's descriptions of the issues on his P337. The aircraft clearly needs some work, A well maintained P 337 will be a reliable airplane.

Having two airplanes to look after will add to the expenses while not necessarily solving the reliability issue. What guarantee is there that the additional airplane will prove more reliable? At one point I owned three P337's at the same time (N39288, N78C and N289). Difficult to maintain. I sold 39288 and ended up with two P337's. In the end, I kept one and ensured that it would be a reliable aircraft. One is all I really need.

Considerable money was already spent on 639GC recently to include a new paint job.

My current P337 cost me a significant amount of money once I bought it to bring up to a good standard. My first annual was painful. I ended up overhauling the rear engine as well as fixing a number of issues on the electrical system, AC, fuel tanks etc.

I added an Aspen PFD (Max) and a GTN 750xi plus a second certified AI.

Now I have a well equipped reliable aircraft. Which is what I think Tin is looking for.

Richard