View Single Post
Unread 11-18-22, 09:47 PM

CRDedrickson is on a distinguished road
EDM-790 is Great; added fuel flow on mine

I upgraded from the EDM760 to the EDM790 last year and it was a great improvement. I delayed a while because I ended up redesigning the panel for avionics and the 760 was too close to the Shadin to accommodate the front display until the redesign.

I mentioned the Shadin. Prior to the upgrade, I consulted with Shadin and JPI and asked if I could jumper from the Shadin fuel flow to the EDM. Both said it was doable, and I’m glad I did. Later the Shadin went INOP, but I still have FF (from the same sensors) on the 790. There is an additional benefit in that the EDM keeps track of flow from each sensor, whereas the Shadin doesn’t. The Shadin adds flows together for total remaining (probably someone postulated swapping tanks and ‘fooling’ the total… bad move in my opinion). Anyway, the additional benefit of fuel flow on the 790 is that you can download the data with the same timeline as all the other measurements. This makes leaning response a lot easier to review.

My original 760 did not have fuel flow. But when I ordered the 790 I had it included. I bought a working 760 on EBay that did have FF, but ended up trading in the original 760 w/o FF. They didn’t care, so I kept the 760 with FF as a potential backup. But the 790 is so much easier to read and download from that I’d never swap it out!

I just saw your post tonight and so hope this helps anyway. I was looking for FUEL GAUGE upgrade options, which so far on this site have eluded me!

Russ N8CV, 1973 T337-G P0056 (pressurized)