View Single Post
Unread 09-29-22, 05:34 PM

mshac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimotor View Post
Beautiful panel.

Can you move your autopilot control to the current 760 spot? It would help if it could be surface mounted, but it looks like there is an adapter plate there, anyway. That'll give you plenty of room if you're going to abandon your current OAT gauge. OAT is an option in the 760/790. My transponder has OAT, so I saved $195 by not ordering it for the 790.

That's still not the ideal position, but your choices are limited. I don't think enlarging the OAT hole will help.

At any rate, I recommend you look at the installation manual and make a template before committing. The case can be mounted upside down, depending on how you want the offset, then the display can be rotated with some button pushing.
Thanks, I really like this idea. Not sure what the costs would be to move the STEC 60-2 control head, but I scan that frequently to be certain I'm the correct AP mode (Heading, NAV, VS, Soft Capture, ALT, Approach, Ready, etc) so it being closer to the six-pack makes sense. I'll get a template made and see if the EDM 790 fits where the OAT & AP head were. I'm pretty sure it will.

Again, thanks for the great idea!

Last edited by mshac : 10-01-22 at 07:54 PM.