View Single Post
Unread 03-08-20, 02:52 PM

patrolpilot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeClipper View Post
If the others haven't certified anything for us at such point, then what?
Nothing is the short answer.

I looked at the base price of the SYSTEM 50 ($13.3K) and the 60 ($17.6); these are already TSO'd for the 337. I haven't done any searches here on the forum to see what users have had to say about them. There is an analog vs. digital thing, but I suspect there are some ways to get around that.

I don't see the 3100 as a fast process at all. From the letter:
  • Once we get around 50 owners who have expressed interest, the next step would be;
  • a commitment from 15 model owners to proceed with the STC. The commitment would be in the form of a purchase order to a Genesys Authorized Installation Center.
There are not 15 active forum members, let alone those that will put their money up.

Maybe it boils down to the bird in the hand thing. As I said, I will be at an avionics shop for a couple of days this week and I will talk to the guy about the STEC When I spoke to him about the airplane in September before the purchase, he said that the 400 was working, and I should keep it working, as the choices are limited and costly for the aircraft's age. He does no 400 work at all, no longer has any of the harnesses or test equipment, but knows the airplane goes to APC.

When I talked to him about glass, he forewarned that the cost of the installation could equal the cost of the equipment. I'm curious if autopilots are the same.