View Single Post
Unread 03-08-20, 11:02 AM

patrolpilot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeClipper View Post
Other than the S-Tec System xx (i.e. 2-digit) series, what other modern/digital options are there for us at this point?
I'm not sure that there are any. With the limited number of airplanes, I'm not sure why any would be interested.

From the operator perspective, my worry is about sinking the money into an airframe for something like this and two years from now, not being able to buy, say a windshield or something similar, that renders the airplane unairworthy.

I get the manufacturing side of it as well. I was supposed to be flying a C210 for an agency by now as part of the paid flying I've started doing besides the patrol, but it hasn't happened yet. The C210 came from DHS and needs four-camera holes cut in the bottom. Just the engineering to generate the drawings to get it done is probably going to be $40K!

I look at STCs in a different light after being involved with the above. I seriously doubt that an outfit like RT Aerospace sees much of a return after they do all it takes to offer the modification. God bless them for doing it; its got to be a big bite.

I really doubt that I will ever hear back from Garmin.