Thread: Airtex Delivers
View Single Post
Unread 11-24-05, 01:33 AM

KyleTownsend is an unknown quantity at this point
Airtex Delivers

Several months ago, I ordered some new carpet from Airtex for the Skymaster. After it came in, I let it sit around for a couple of months before attempting to install it. When I did install it, I went ahead and cut holes, etc. before noticing that the center section of carpet appeared to be wrong for my aircraft (it was made for the older style center-row seats whereas my plane has the side-rail mounted seat).

When I contacted Airtex, I was prepared for a big hastle. After all, I hadn't returned the carpet within the return time, and I hadn't properly inspected it before cutting the holes.

Much to my surprise, they immediately offered to send me a complete replacement carpet at no charge. Even when I suggested we should split the cost, they insisted on providing the replacement free of charge.

It is rare to get customer service like this from anyone now days; let alone an "economy" priced vendor like Airtex. So, I wanted to share my positive experience and pass on the good word.

Kyle

PS: Apparently, the problem was caused by the fact that the seat style changed during my model year. I can see where it was an easy mistake to make.