View Single Post
Unread 09-06-20, 09:44 AM

patrolpilot is on a distinguished road
Okay, a bit bored so I dug up everything that I could find that is current. Read the rules, how noise is determined, etc. The noise is not what is generated at takeoff, but rather max continuous power. The last link is to a spreadsheet on my server, it is an "ods" (OpenOffice), but excel will open it. The file has the GA aircraft separated in three different groups and is the latest published. I found a file that updates the list further with some additional airplanes, Cirrus, for one (which is loud). I will update the file mentioned at the bottom later as it does not effect the C337.

Honestly, I doubt there is a place that you cannot fly the Skymaster unless it has a "Noise Curfew" which restricts all aircraft. It seems that the minimum noise level that airports can restrict to is 90 dBA which is basically "freeway" noise.

The reason that the 337 entries are doubled is because the difference between front and rear propellers. Aircraft noise is still the same, sum of the two engines and airframe, but it requires two line entries.

Current Advisory Circular, 36-1H, change 1, 5/25/12, Noise Levels for U.S. Certificated and Foreign Aircraft

The Rules

General Aviation Noise