View Single Post
Unread 06-29-21, 06:08 PM

edasmus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to edasmus
An update on my fuel tank repair....

So the Kalamazoo, MI source turned out awesome.* Thanks again Herb for the information.* Dave Cox is the gentlemen who accomplished the repair to my old tank.* My understanding is welding aluminum is no simple task and requires a skilled knowledgeable tech to accomplish correctly.* Dave is all of this and an incredibly kind and helpful soul who enjoys his work and helping folks like me who require his expertise.* He has a full shop at his home filled with everything he could likely ever need which appears to be a product of his life's work and passion.* It looks as if Dave enjoys working on cars as well.

Anyway, his phone number is (269) 217-3008.* He will likely not answer your call however leave a message with your name, contact info, and brief description of the type of repair you are seeking and he will return your call.* In my case, he returned my call very quickly within a matter of minutes.

I delivered my tank to him myself and picked it up when he was done.* He worked with my mechanic over the phone to coordinate his plan for repair.* His billing was extremely reasonable and he likely saved me in excess of $3000.00.* I had no luck attempting to find an identical replacement serviceable used tank.* Tanks were out there but not the one I needed.* A new carbon fiber tank may have been a possibility through Owen Bell but I was hesitant to do that and fortunately because of Dave, I did not need to seriously consider that.* Owen wanted close to $4000 and my old tank.

Anyway, my repaired tank is being installed as I type this and I'm hopeful this will put this issue to rest once and for all.* If not, I'll be visiting my friend Dave again.* Thank you Dave!