Thread: 337 Info
View Single Post
Unread 04-01-03, 10:41 PM

Don Hickman is an unknown quantity at this point
Since Larry so freely used my name in his reply, I thought I should at least weigh in with a few words. Been out of the country the last 3 weeks so am just now catching up on the board.

Unlike most everyone else that posts here, I was a very low-time pilot when I bought my P337 about a year and a half ago. Not only low-time, but it had been a LONG time since I had flown anything (about 20 years).

But I wanted a good cross-country (meaning cross-water) plane that I could handle. The 337 has proven to be perfect for me. I put about 250 hours on it my first year and I love it. I took all my multi and IFR training in it and while some of that was hard on the engines, they were high time and I knew I would replace them soon. I'm doing that now.

So, if you're looking for a twin that is a good cross-country (or cross-water!) machine, I would highly recommend the 337. (I fly across about 585 nautical miles of ocean from New Orleans to Cancun almost every month. The cross-country part is almost a non-event after that!)

Maintainence has been a bit high but I knew going in that I had a machine with runout engines so that expense hasn't been a surprise. Now that I've got a practically new plane, I'm looking forward to lots more flying.

Hope to see you all in Nashville!