View Single Post
Unread 05-01-11, 09:07 AM

ngb1066 is on a distinguished road
Morne and Herb

Thank you for your comments. I can certainly see enormous benefits of diesel aero engines in terms of both performance and economy. I suspect that they are likely to be increasingly seen in GA. This applies even more in Europe than in the USA, in view of the stratospheric cost of 100LL avgas here.

The Golden Hawk project certainly looks very interesting and I will look out for updates on the TF Hawk website about their proposed civilian version of the aircraft. Herb - have you had your phone call yet with TF Hawk? I will certainly consider this option for the 337 I am looking for. My only reservation at this stage is engine power, which will be lower than currently available for any of the 337 varients. I imagine that this will not be a problem at altitude as diesel engines retain maximum power at greater altitude than the avgas fuelled equivalent, but in terms of take off performance do you consider the Deltahawk limit of 200 HP will be a significant factor? My concern is based upon operating from a relatively short grass strip.

Many thanks for your advice and information.

Neil