Thread: Fly my 337G?
View Single Post
Unread 02-13-18, 12:07 PM

Timcote1960 is on a distinguished road
I THOUGHT this was the right place...

Well, clearly this was not the right place to seek out friends to actually fly....

To reposition my plane as I offered would, I thought, have been fun, saved me a grand in flying a CFII around and made a new friend. Instead, I get comments from people who want to upend my training program. Let me be clear: I am 58 and this is my last plane. I expect to fly it for 20 years or so then leave aviation when I no longer can do it. I have no commercial aspirations. I've flown a 182 for about 500hrs over the past 3 years since I started flying. I like a centerline thrust, I only want a centerline thrust. The FAA created the centerline thrust certificate for a reason. I am that reason.

Two months ago I lost my two CFIIs, both 4000+ pilots and one of them the head of the damn NTSB. They went down in an Indiana field at night in their C210 when at 8000' it threw a rod. The nearest open airport was 27mi away, the nearest (but closed) airport was 3mi but was unlit. Along with one daughter and two dog, they crashed and burned. Only one dog survived. I had been having arguments with them about my plan to buy the 337 and they insisted single engine flight is safe and two engines useless. They warned me of the extra demands of averse yaw, but hatted the 337 (as many do, you know). Hell of a way for me to win an argument.

Anyways, I was not looking for all this wise commentary on why I ought to train in a conventional twin. Thank you very much for all the unsolicited advice. I was looking for someone to fly my 337 with me. I guess I will just rent a driver.

Doubtful I sought the right venue here. Or maybe not. Any takers?

Tim
Norm Asp 337G N122WB