View Single Post
Unread 10-01-18, 03:44 PM

cessnadriver is on a distinguished road
propeller governors

Thanks Herb.
I'm not sure on the governors times. Since I have another 1965 C337 in my garage I took the rear governor off it, which by the way, DOES NOT HAVE THE ACCUMULATOR ATTACHMENT, I cleaned it with diesel fuel to HOPEFULLY clean out any sludge. Installed the governor did a run up and the propeller cycle was about the same. The maintenance manual says to install a governor that you are sure is functional, but my other airplane is the same age with missing logs so who know what condition it really is?? Anyways I called a governor shop here in Pennsylvania, he told me it would be about $1400 to overhaul mine. He also said that they had new governors for about $2500. My governors are all Woodward and according to the shop they are usually more expensive to overhaul due to the fact they are much older model that say McClauley. I know that the TCDS lists McClauley governor as an alternative. Maybe I can change to a McClauley for about the same price as an overhauled Woodward?? Another question. When you do the prop cycle do you cycle both props at the same time? A friend of mine says he cycle the props together and that the two governor should cycle at the same rate?? I've read and re-read the AFM (Owners manual) about cycling the props and it doesn't say anything about doing the cycle together? Your thoughts?
Regards, BILLS

Last edited by cessnadriver : 10-01-18 at 03:51 PM. Reason: forgot something