View Single Post
Unread 12-03-20, 04:40 PM

Skymasterdriver is on a distinguished road
Bought new overhaul engines outright from a private person that had them overhauled and didn’t us them.

Here’s the story all my old engines props and gages run very well and decided to keep running them until something showed a problem that would make me decide to change them, a few weeks ago I walked past my front prop and one of the blades had a greater angle than the other, called the prop shop and they said there is a wooden block that controls the pitch of the blades and they fail from time to time, $ 1000 fixes the block and gets you a reseal job, however there is a little corrosion showing on the outside surface of the hub and has suggested that I should look for a new hub sometime in the future, but no big deal he would reassemble it and it would be fine for me to finish out my engines with it, I told him to see what a new hub would cost and maybe we would just fix it right, then he all the sudden they decided maybe he wouldn’t put it back together( seen a bigger sale) so now it doesn’t make any sense to put new props on old engines, so I’m putting on new MT props, engines and didn’t want to run new engines without all cylinder monitors so mvp 50s it is, all old parts for sale props engines gages