View Single Post
Unread 09-12-22, 11:58 AM

SteveG is an unknown quantity at this point
I briefly considered altering the engine mount spacer but that would change the entire dynafocal geometry. Wasn't willing to go there. A work-around that I do believe has merit is to add a spacer to close the gap between shock mount halves and to add a like length to the internal spacer through the use of standard flat washers. This is obviously an "extrajudicial" solution and therefore "experimental". See attached photos.

Although I respect the considerable experience Kim has with these aircraft I do not understand his comments. The exact mounting hardware used is not relevant to this discussion. And his contention that the shock mount halves do not meet in the middle is just a restatement of exactly the problem, they are supposed to meet. Their meeting is necessary to carry the load across the entire cross-section of the mount and into the lower mount half and even more importantly the length of the internal spacer is predicated on that relationship. As is the internal spacer is just rattling about doing nothing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0745.1.jpg (189.4 KB, 228 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0753.1.jpg (196.1 KB, 233 views)