View Single Post
Unread 09-11-22, 06:59 PM

SteveG is an unknown quantity at this point
pictures

Hopefully these photos illustrates the issue graphically. The mount halves are designed to meet using a 0.620" spacer between them but my (our?) spacers are 0.770" thick leaving a 0.150" gap that cannot be made up. This issue also translates to the internal spacer which defines the amount of compression preload. Its length is designed to permit 0.410" of compression but because the mount halves never meet one would have to compress the mount 0.560" to tighten, a distance that cannot be realized with the length of threads available and is 37% greater than intended. As is, the mount never becomes a unified, stressed assembly as designed. The engine is just hanging off the upper mount half.

The thickness of the engine mount spacer, not including the flange which extends through the mounting plate, is compatible with the 0.310" flange of the two shock mount halves. I'm beginning to believe that the part was never designed correctly by Cessna and that this issue has existed from birth. Hard to fathom but I have no other explanation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0739.1.jpg (178.8 KB, 249 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0740.1.jpg (238.0 KB, 260 views)