View Single Post
Unread 09-11-22, 10:55 AM

SteveG is an unknown quantity at this point
update

Thanks for the reply Bill. Yes, the work requires some patience but if you only remove one mounting bolt at a time you can maintain the overall alignment and it will go back just as it came out.

In examining the various shock mount part numbers it appears that the Lord J-9613-31 and the Barry 94017-01 are only used on Skymasters but are common to all model years. Therefore it would appear that the issue is confined to Skymasters but affects the entire fleet.

My conversation with the engineers at Lord has come to an abrupt halt. Seems that the lawyers or accountants or both have gotten to the engineering department and told them they cannot discuss this outside the company because in a schizophrenic about face the discussion turned on a dime from one of concern and intellectual curiosity to adamant denial.

I have to admit that I've been somewhat amazed that I can suggest that we are all operating with shock mounts that do not fit and are not performing as intended and that not one person has any comment or concern or any insight to contribute. But at least the issue is now documented in the forum for the use of any future search. Still, was it something I said? "I washed me face and hands before I come, I did." Eliza Doolittle.