View Single Post
Unread 10-07-20, 03:17 PM

S019 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cessnadriver View Post
Eric. I own and maintain a 1965 C337. Yes the P337 will fit your hangar size. Mine sits about 2 feet from the walls from the trailing edge of the wings. and the wing tips are about foot from walls. About 1-1 1/2 feet from the rudders trailing edge. I received my flight training here in Western Pennsylvania and basically stumbled across my CFI/MEI here at my home airport! Finding a DPE was more trouble, but find two, one in SW New York and another in central W. Virginia. I had about 900 hours as a Pvt single engine/100 Series Cessnas. When I started training in my Skymaster. Had about 50 hours when I was signed off to take my check ride. I did found another CFI/MEI in Nashville Tn. I needed a second MEI sign off, he was a good and understanding instructor. As for where to find a Skymaster, two web sites come to mind. First-BARNSTORMERS.COM, the other is SKYMASTER CENTER, the company is in South Carolina. Prices for a good P337 start around $100,000 with mid-time engines. Skymaster Center offers a Re-manufactured with new engines, special additions like winglets and new instrument panels, etc is about $425,000. If you have further quessts please feel free to contact me directly at bstory@pa.rr.com.
Good hunting.
BILLS, C337 owner/pilot/A&P
Great. That is what I was looking for. Thank you. I have been snooping around and have seen a few I am interested in but at the end of the day I still have to sell my RV-10 before I can do anything serious. Looks like a couple out there have been pretty idle in the previous years. Probably need some catch up maintenance, which I am not afraid of when priced right. It'll all depend on what's out there when I am in a position to be a buyer. And after finding a way to see one of these flying machines in person to see if it is going to feel right for me.

Eric