Thread: jb/keith ac's
View Single Post
Unread 11-24-02, 10:57 PM

MikeZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Air conditioning..... ahhhh

I've owned my 79 Pressurized since 89. Always managed to survive the sweats in summer on the ground, or bursting out through a cloud deck into the sun, only to break out in a sweat in 30 seconds. Regularly flew unpressurized in summer to get some air in the cabin.

Three years ago, bought a house in Boca Raton, and decided to bite the bullet. Shipped in a Riley a/c kit, and my crew rolled up their sleeves and made the install. It was exceedingly well engineered, and the Riley folks gave us great support. It took longer than planned (first time), but was well worth it. We needed to modify our accessory case to get an additional drive which added some $, but no big deal.

Let me tell you, the a/c has turned my Skymaster into a luxury mini corporate jet. I JUST LOVE IT. Use it all the time, even in not broiling hot conditions, as it just makes it more dry and comfortable. Lowers fatigue and its like sitting in a Lexus cruising down 95.

I now would not own a non-pressurized plane, and think back to the bad old days.

Recently put on Flint tanks and I make it from Kingston New York (20N) to Boca (BCT) non stop. (subject for another thread).

BTW. Don't let just any shop do a job like this.