View Single Post
Unread 09-03-05, 09:47 AM

Mark McConaughy is an unknown quantity at this point
Airports, restricted airspace?

Well if I were in a position to help I certainly would. However, some of the concerns expressed just aren’t problems. Remember the Berlin Airlift??

At about 100 to 150 miles, inland airports are available. The trick would be to tanker enough fuel in so you would not need to fuel at MSY. Restricted airspace would not be a problem as if you are part of an organized relief effort you would get clearance. (Sounds like a group from FL already has that underway.) The other possibility would be to move people from Huston and anywhere else where large numbers of evacuees are located to locations where smaller numbers need to be moved. FYI all HUD housing listed for sale by the Federal Government have been pulled off the market to be available for Victims of this disaster.

With my current medical situation, I am not able to help. Nevertheless, I am sure all who could volunteer would be appreciated.

This is one of the most (if not the most) serious natural disaster to strike the USA in this century. Oh and did I mention the flood that followed. This is what many people are not taking into consideration. This is a 2fer, and both of them literally of Biblical per portions. This is the time for GA to show its stuff and an excellent opportunity to help our neighbors in a real time of need.

And for you John Wayne fans, right about now is when the Duke would be tellin ya to "it's time to saddle up. So Get to it."