View Single Post
Unread 08-07-02, 11:09 AM

Don Hickman is an unknown quantity at this point
Skyking,

Regarding oil levels, I try to keep it between 6-7 quarts. If I go above 7, it blows out quickly, just like Mitch Taylor said. And I'm tired of cleaning the belly of the plane! I also have the mysterious vanishing and reappearing quart.

Regarding the controller, I'm now wondering why it is that Skyking and I appear to be the only ones having this problem. There must be others or GMAS wouldn't have brought it up and wouldn't have developed a method for cleaning it out. All I know is that my front engine keeps clogging the controller and my rear doesn't. And it has happened at times other than right after an oil change, but an oil change is guaranteed to bring it on. The front engine oil is always a lot dirtier than the rear. Of course, it's 100 hours past TBO but compressions are still good, oil analysis shows normal and everything else seems to be ok with it so I don't see any reason to replace it just yet although any of that could change at any moment and then I'm looking for a new engine. Rear engine has 300 hours to go to TBO. I suppose when I replace the front engine this controller problem will disappear. Still, I would think filtered oil to the controller would be better than the current setup.