Thread: 100 hour
View Single Post
Unread 05-20-02, 08:24 AM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
100 hr

Kevin

Re brushes... You test the deicer and see if all elements are working (hand/temp).
For radios, you never do a VOT test ?
Never ask for a radio check ? MY MY

Inspection, that is what it means. If all looks okay and things move or don't move as the should, there are no cracks, leaks, etc. then you lube it, clean it off, or go on to the next item. Waste gate is a good example, however, you use mouse milk.

Most is common sense based on the past 100 hrs of flying,especially if you have done it yourself. IF the flaps are quite retracted, time to fix. If the breaks are noisy, clean and repair. If a leaky cylinder, time to overhaul. Check air filters, alternate air door magnets (so they don't fall into the turbo), and all filters for that matter.

It also is important to consider when your annual is due. Sometimes better to do annual at 11 months than 100 hr then annual a month later.

You are looking for trouble and hopefully you do not find any. I am sure GMAS has a 1)critical list, 2)important list, 3)do more or less list and finally a 4)catch it at the annual list.

If in doubt check with the IA and get his opinion. Also it the the 50 hr mark for plugs, magneto, and "general tuneup" time.

There is no reason to swing the gear if it was done within the last few months, or if there are NO leaks or change in oil level from the last time it was swung.

Again, common sense. I do check the bulkheads on the props, and check for cracks etc. on all parts. IE. Do you fix the small oil leak around the rocker cover gasket or leave it for the annual?

Perhaps GMAS might elaborate (on paper) special things that should be targeted at the 50,100 and 200 hrs. but not going into life limited parts or time limited replacement parts.. Items that should be flagged based on his experience.

This would be great to have on the clip board when you have an electric screwdriver and a pocket full of new bits.... and an IA hanging over your shoulder.

IA's don't know every aeroplane and unless you tell him specifically what is wrong or what you want done he is going to do what he thinks works. Best to take a "337" supplement and tell him to look at these items specifically.

GMAS, you up to this ?

Bob