View Single Post
Unread 01-19-23, 11:21 AM

GAdams is on a distinguished road
To be helpful to the group: Yesterday I completed the final flight test of the 55X system in my 337D model. All went flawless and I now have an autopilot nicely matched to the 337. I started working on this project back in April of 2022. I paid less than half the numbers you all are quoting for the 55X and the install. I did not elect to install the electric trim option as my airplane doesn't have electric trim anyway. Manually trimming this airplane is a non issue with the autopilot. The path to this success was long and not without setbacks but I may have paved the way for the rest of the fleet to an autopilot solution. My installer was the key. He worked with an Genesys dealer for the purchase of a remanufactured 55X, he did the installation and the dealer signed off the final inspection and paperwork. The dealer doesn't want to do the install and if you make him, he will quote 120 hours flat rate where the install took 54 hours. The install rate was $75 per hour. I have warranties as if it was a factory new unit. I'm not going to publish the installer's name and number here but PM me and I will share the information. We now have a path to replace our aging 300/400/400A's with at least a modern supported autopilot. Not digital but perhaps good enough for our birds. That's your decision.