View Single Post
Unread 03-02-05, 12:18 AM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Diagnostic tools... "EWD's" (Early Warning Devices!)

Ears have worked good for years. So have the eyes. Then there are trends with the smell of things, and how things feel to the touch and sensing vibration. Mother nature has done an incredible job of equipping each one of us with the right tools... if but we will only exercise them.

Like I said before, if Cessna in their infinite knowledge of their own product and the many thousands of hours of testing before the P337 ever came to the market place... if they felt you really needed all these little gadgets to fly and maintain their airplane, they would have equipped them with all that junk. That they didn't speaks loads about the simplicity of the product ... IF... you go by the book. And the best book besides the TCM Operators Manual and the Cessna POH would be the Cessna Service Manual.

BTW, I'm not 'emotional' about LOP either. I go by what the manufacturer states in their recommended procedures. It's not about 'making a case'... it's about safety and longevity of the engines. Cessna and TCM obviously KNOW the score... and then some.

So save your money Kyle. Maybe look around for a serviceable Hoskins 2000A or maybe even a Shadin system which can be coupled to Loran or GPS. Surprisingly, the Cessna fuel flow indicator is pretty darn close to what the Hoskins gage indicates, but with a few additional features. But understand, I bought the bird equipped this way... and my sense is that unless you plan on keeping the bird for a LONG time, you'll never recoup the investment cost of adding NEW gear. Sometimes the old way is the better way.

SkyKing