Thread: Fly my 337G?
View Single Post
Unread 02-17-18, 12:14 PM

cessnadriver is on a distinguished road
Cool Fly my 337G?

Way to go Tim!!!!!!!!!!!!
I too am in that frame of mind! I bought a 1965 Skymaster and got some of the same options about "You ought to get a conventional twin rating-BS" As I told others the Skymaster is the only twin I'd fly, MAINLY because I'm scared to death of the dead engine in a conventional twin. I'm starting my CLT training in the spring after buying my Skymaster last August-had to do an annual which had several problems that took many weeks per problem and winter set in before starting my training. I was somewhat lucky in finding a MEI, with Skymaster time, just 50 miles away-but- he's VERY busy with his air chart service so I tried to get a local Skymaster pilot to relocate my plane the fifty miles. That's when I found one of the BIG problems with my bird. While running up before take-off the front engine was running rough well above the max RPM drop. So couple more weeks to repair that problem, spark plugs and leads. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TRAINING and welcome to the "Skymaster World"! If you have other questions don't hesitate to post here, generally the guys/gals on this site are nice.
Regards, BILLS

Last edited by cessnadriver : 02-17-18 at 12:18 PM. Reason: grammar