View Single Post
Unread 08-12-02, 02:13 PM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Metal seal... MP

Kim,

The Cessna Parts Manual does not dilenate a "metal seal", it only shows the O-rings, so I'm curious where this metal seal is located... is this on the inlet side of the wastegate from the sump, or where? Do you happen to have a part number from Aircraft Spruce, or page number - I have the gold colored 2001-2002 catalog.

The wastegate is freely operating as ground checked and we keep the shaft on the butterfly regularly Mouse Milked. That it is closing properly, although late in the takeoff roll and in flight, is confirmed by our being able to obtain 35-36" MP.

However at the higher altitudes, like at 17,500 the other day, we were seeing these wide variations in MP when the front throttle was pushed up... oscillating gyrations between 31 and 37", but this was at 2450... didn't think to run the RPM up higher, which would probably have stopped it. I believe this osciallating behavior is called 'bootstrapping'. MP and fuel flow followed one another. Backing off to 31" at 2450 and MP/fuel flow was steady. We don't see this behavior at lower altitudes.

SkyKing