View Single Post
Unread 06-16-19, 03:32 PM

Skywalker is on a distinguished road
N88tn Finaly Came Home

Dear All
would like to inform with great pleasure ,that finally I got my Skymaster N88TN home to Poland, it took almost 10 month from Pre buy to delivery and on the way some major modifications and preventive maintenance, removel of minor and major squawks ( list was 160 items long) were done,,Brant Aero Did the great Job ,although they had some times hard time ,getting things up to the standards, specially the pressurisation, Already did the first IFR Cross country from Poland, EPZE -EPZG-LIME( Milan Italy) and it was great experience, Skymaster will do honest 180 Kts True at FL170-180, Having minor issues as follow and would request some advise .
-Rear Engine dip stick is very hard to insert back, Brant Aero did not correct it or forgot about it, its really pain in A.... As I fought 10 mints to hit the right angle
-I have Stec 55X and on final approach in Milan the AP did not capture the GS?
Is any body know what will be correct procedure for the Stec set up, for approach ? I was vectored to final a so I activated the APR On GTN 750, Pressed the .APR ;button on AP panel, was also in ALT mode but AP did not capture the GS?
as the instruction manual is very very badly written and just create confusion
-My run way was is only 2000 feet and its 30 deg Celcius now, any good advise about STOL operations? I am not comfortable with short field, last approach I did was 70 kts on final and 60 kts at threshold. had 80 gallons on Board and 2 x 175 lbs persons?
-I do have the Vg installation,
-Tomorrow plan to fly high with full fuel and want to check the true stall speed
Dennis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg N88TN OVER THE ALPS.jpg (101.3 KB, 1106 views)
File Type: jpg N88TN INSTRUMENT P.jpg (85.1 KB, 1072 views)