View Single Post
Unread 10-08-20, 08:19 AM

S019 is on a distinguished road
A/C is a must

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAxel View Post
My hangar measures 230" from the wall of the T to the door, my P337 fit with loads of room to spare, didn't even have to disconnect my Powertow tug to close the door. Where do you live? If it is warm there you might strongly consider air conditioning. The P337 is the least expensive pressurized piston twin to own, not inexpensive, but less than anything else. We liked ours and still miss it in some ways although it wasn't really any faster than our P210, didn't really climb any faster while keeping CHTs in check and actually carried less with full fuel. Comfortable though and with wonderful visibility since you sit in front of the wing. Now if I could just find a way to cram my MU-2 into the same hangar!
We live in Baton Rouge, LA. Air Conditioning is a MUST!!! Most of my flying is south of the Mason Dixon line between Texas, Louisiana, Florida and Tennessee. I had talked about installing A/C in my RV-10 last summer before my wife and I were flying back from Destin and were held on the ground 'awaiting ATC release' for our IFR flight. By the time I got to cruise she simply said if I have the money in 'airplane account' to get the A/C installed. It has got to be in the next plane if i'm going to continue to have a wife flying along with the kiddo. Looks like it is going to run upwards of $30-35k to get one installed if needed. Are there any places other than Aviation Enterprises that install such a system?

Eric