Thread: Avemco Quote
View Single Post
Unread 09-16-21, 11:11 PM

wslade2 is on a distinguished road
Ditto what dan1000 says. Twin rating made a major difference. In fact back when I put contract on my 337 I started twin training concurrently as prior queries revealed no insurance or exorbitant insurance premiums for a proposed 337 ownership without it. I got a quote as high as $9000 without twin rating. You can be ready in low number of hours (single digits depending).

Regarding hangars and insurance: hangar space has been hard to find. I own two airplanes and lease two hangar spaces. One in major metropolitan area and the other space 60 miles away in the sticks on old air force field. Metropolitan hangar, wood framed with metal roof and sides and single sixty watt lightbulb absolutely had to have copies of insurance with limits set by municipality, separate municipality lawyer prepared subrogation language, investigation of the LLC holding my plane, authentication with the state about LLC standing and all legal docs filed, operating agreement, personal information on members (me), verification of tax standing, aircraft registration (other owners report getting a notice to vacate if late on renewing-they track you) and other ownership documents (such as bill of sale), municipality right for spontaneous inspection, copies of keys, list of do's and don'ts (in particular what to do with oil), wattage of appliances, size of micro refrigerator, municipality lawyer signoff (that alone took 60 days)...need I go on.

Hangar in the sticks was a handshake deal. I might be the only one with insurance in there.

BTW-remote airport has small annual airshow, hosts car shows and other similar activities, brings Air National Guard in to show off their equipment and skills. Metropolitan airport does nothing.

Last edited by wslade2 : 09-17-21 at 12:13 AM.