View Single Post
Unread 06-18-22, 09:54 PM

mshac is on a distinguished road
Post Feedback

Couple thoughts:

1. Voice is too robotic and does not have natural breaks between words. Get a higher quality speech engine, if one is available. With Siri and Google assistant, we're spoiled with voice AI that sounds natural (mostly).

2. Advisory is rather long. The only additional information I noticed from a typical AWOS system is the recommended runway. If you need MicroTower to tell you the best runway, you shouldn't be PIC.

3. At my airports, it gets so busy sometimes on nice weekends that you can hardly get a word in edgewise on the CTAF. This would only make it worse. EDIT: The video said it announces wind shear (how would it know without multiple sensors around the airfield) and temperature/dewpoint when needed. *I like that fact that that the AI can eliminate viz and temp/dewpoint when not relevant.

4. Question: Is it on the ATIS frequency or the CTAF freq? EDIT: It broadcasts on the CTAF frequency. Adds to freq congestion. Not good on a busy Saturday afternoon. Why not put this system on the weather freq?

5. Could you tie into a ground based ADSB system and announce other traffic in the area/pattern? Now THAT would be slick!

Sell me on it if I manage three high-end private airfields. Why should we spend the money when we need so many other things???

EDIT: I watched more videos, but I still didn't see traffic advisories? If the system does this, is there a video showing such in action?

Suggestion: 1. Make the advisory stop broadcasting if an incoming broadcast is sensed??? Its an idea to reduce req congestions, which is an issue for me 2. Instead of the ctaf, put it on the weather freq at busy uncontrolled fields

Last edited by mshac : 06-18-22 at 10:25 PM.