View Single Post
Unread 11-03-21, 01:58 PM

JimC is on a distinguished road
I have owned and flown both an unmodified U206F and an R/STOL T337E, and I'd rather fly the R/STOL out of a short strip with the same load. The useful load is about the same on both planes, but it's harder to get to gross on the 206 because the tanks are smaller. The 337 may end up with a higher payload for the same mission because of the extra fuel.

There is NO QUESTION that I'd rather have the T337 over the mountains and water. Not only do you have the second engine, but the 206 loses climb performance very quickly at higher altitude on warmer days.

Do you have the Robertson STOL manual? It gives advice on technique for maximum performance. In short - land at stall speed, take off 1 knot above stall speed and accelerate in ground effect. The stall warning will be going off at takeoff if you follow book procedures. The deck angles at these speeds is extreme. Forward visibility disappears in the last few moments before landing, although visibility on the approach is good. Visibility on takeoff goes to zero as you crank the nose up and slowly returns as you accelerate. If you have an engine failure on takeoff between liftoff and Vxse, you'll have to put it down straight ahead. You can fly it without going to such extremes if you don't need maximum performance.

My manual says I can take off and land in under 400 ft at sea level. Note the book numbers for TO and landing are NOT at gross. I've personally never been that short, but I have tried very few max performance takeoff & landings at sea level.

600/700 m at 1800 ft altitude should be easily doable with plenty of margin.

Hello
I deeply thank you for your information .
I do not know yet if It is a manuel robertson . I am waiting the result of a pre buy next week I have also in mind another 337 but this one is in US .

https://skymaster.com/product/1977-c...essurized-337/

It is written it has a stol kit but there is no detail on whch one .

Thanks

Alain

Last edited by Alainb : 11-03-21 at 03:44 PM.