View Single Post
Unread 08-08-22, 09:42 AM

Pushpull5785 is on a distinguished road
Im confused… I’m actually getting ready to replace windows in my plane and would like to remove the center post. What is the argument we are chasing here? Whether or not it’s legal to install the windshield and leave off the center strap without purchasing the STC from RTAerospace? My .02 is if the feds at one point deemed it necessary to have engineering work done and flight test done and then issued an STC, there must be something there they saw that warranted the issue of an STC.

I’ve seen the doublers on another aircraft and they at least seem to add some sort of structure to them. For $600 I think it’s cheap insurance and keeps you legal. Unless you find an IA that will be fine installing it and risking their cert, which there are some that exist.

You’ve put in a lot of work here in your research but end of the day an STC does exist (and at $600 I’ve wasted more on a lot more useless things) and I feel that your work probably cost a lot more of your time than just paying the 600 and staying 100% legal.