View Single Post
Unread 11-28-07, 08:31 AM
N456TL

Dave Underwood is on a distinguished road
Not to be out done, here is a third reply.

I think this is a problem specifically on G series aircraft.

I have this on a regular basis on my 78 FT337GP to point that I check the right brake pedal before I open the lower door.

When it is flat, I pump fresh fluid from the bottom of the caliber with an oil can full of hydraulic fluid and clear hose system I carry whenever I go on trips. A 1/4" wrench for the nipple is all you need.

We have checked all the fittings and all the various runs for leaks but to no avail. We have seen dried fluid in the hull area below the brakes but that is the only place.

The situation improved significantly when I replaced the bleed nipple with a new one. That is the first recommendation. That nipple fits into a larger one. Replacing that would be the second recommendation. Both are standard Cessna parts and normally pretty widely available.

I am suspicious that it is the parking brake system. The right reservoir is higher than the left and I think fluid is drawn to the left across the parking park control, made worse when the brake lever is not in the fully up position. We did replaced the parking brake control unit a couple of years ago and once again it helped, but did not cure the problem.

I have the original somewhere and have just not had time to take it apart and check the seals. The replacement unit had a 1970's date on it, so I should not be surprised if the seals on the replacement unit wher dried out.

The third recommendation is to rebuild the parking brake control unit.

The final recommendation might be to put a spring on the lever to make sure it stays in the fully up position.

That's my two cents worth. Please let me know what you end up finding.

Now has anyone had low airflows out of the defrosters?

Regards - Dave

The problem seems to be less when I excercise the parking brake as an FYI.