View Single Post
Unread 11-04-21, 10:10 AM

JimC is on a distinguished road
Alain,

N'hésitez pas à rédiger vos questions en français. Je répondrai en anglais.

I don't think there are significant differences between Reims and Cessna on the standard models. - the Reims FTB model has the hardpoint structures in the wing as well as the two additional observer windows in the lower door - but the Reims FT models are very, very close to the US models. I believe the French models have better corrosion proofing, but I'm not certain.

I suspect the original airspeed indicator on N119XU was replaced with a remarked one when the Robertson kit was added, and the replaced again when the panel was redone with Aspen. You can tell by the panel cutout above the indicator that it's not original. Robertson STOL did not add a second airspeed indicator - they replaced the original factory one. A Robertson STOL airspeed indicator will show a stall speed (bottom of white arc) of about 50 mph or 43 kts. Robertson kits haven't been installed in decades - the R/STOL kit certainly predates Aspen avionics. One other way to tell if a plane has a real STOL kit is to look for the small leading edge fence at the wing root where the STOL cuff meets the old leading edge. I've circled it in the picture of N199XU below. I don't think N62NA has that fence.

One other change in technique with a Robertson STOL kit is that your flap extension speeds for 2/3 flaps and full flaps are much lower, because of the added stress on the aileron cables. You have to get more creative when you slow down and start a little farther out. It's minor, but worth noting.

As far as N119XU vs N62NA, I'd put a deposit on N119XU right now. It looks great on the surface, it has low engine and prop times, it's in annual, it's flown recently, it still has the heated windshield plate, it has an updated panel, and it's already in Europe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2021-11-04 080204.jpg (67.5 KB, 504 views)

Last edited by JimC : 11-04-21 at 10:19 AM.