View Single Post
Unread 06-09-11, 08:33 AM

SkyMac is on a distinguished road
Hi Rick

There are many dealers out there when it comes to the supply of serviceable components for our skymasters. Then the price charged for parts in most cases is far beyond resonable comprehension and it varies dramaticaly as I am finding out.

Replacing components that were damaged during dissasembly and at the hands of others is unexpected, dissapointing and not budgeted for, additionally it is not difficult to find replacement items. However when you do find them, getting them at a sensible cost is another challenge alltogether.

Recently I have a need to replace both front and rear spinners due to other third party damage, prices vary up to $1475 USD each for S/H. Now I can obtain spinners for other light twins (even poilished) from $300 to $450. So why should Skymaster spinners be so exspensive S/H when others are not?

So I am still looking for spinners (I have located a front at $320, but it is on hold for another buyer).

Another instance is S/H rudders currently up to $1400+ USD, atleast I have seen a pair recently with tips for $350 USD each advertised undamaged, that's a common sense approach. I bought new unit a while ago now for $800 USD, but would have happily paid $350 for S/H.

When originally looking at a S/H rudder Nov last year, those advertised then are still advertised now, so the stock hasn't moved.

Our skymasters are a great plane and I look forward to the time when mine returns to the air, it will just take longer now for the rebuild as I believe in a fair price for S/H parts.

I'm sure Rick that both your's and my comments will bring varied responses, if common sense doesn't prevail soon, salvage yards will be full of skymaster parts and whole planes as many won't be flying. I agree with your comments around networking, it may take longer but the deals can be beneficial to both parties and not one sided.

Dave

(PS; keep in mind a part or a plane is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it)

Last edited by SkyMac : 06-09-11 at 07:33 PM.